Thursday, July 28, 2016

Summer in Beijing Part 1: BICC Summer Camp, Gengdan University, and Happy Eid Mubarak from Beijing!

Hello everyone!!!!!!!!!
Yes, finally I'm back from Beijing :) that was the most amazing 24 days in my life that I won't forget, ever.
Well, I'll tell you my stories here, but it'll be divided to some parts, yeah, because it will be too long if its only one post. To tell you the truth, I still can't move on from my days in Beijing :") so....................... let's go back to the day we're leaving Jakarta.

Sunday, 3 & 4 July 2016.
It was a sunny day. I was that excited for this day until I can't sleep well enough, and that day was still Ramadhan days which I still need to wake up early around 3 or 4 AM, so after that time I don't go to sleep anymore, kind of afraid that I over slept and missed my flight, but I'm that excited that I can't even sleep anyway lol. Me and some of my friend take the 12 PM flight, so we gather at the airport around 9 or 10 in the morning, and here we are, happy faces, can't wait for the awesome journey:


left to right: Tania, Adenn, Amanda, Jasmine, Fariz, Ghendis, Al, me!, and Kak Grego

We arrived at Beijing International Airport around 1 or 2 in the morning, and we should wait about 6 or more hours until the people from the summer camp program pick us up at 8 AM. Yes people, we're waiting for that frikin' long hours, and even some of my friends that taking different airlines from us are waiting more long than us. So, we decided to trashing in airport McDonald's for damn long hours. While waiting those people, I got my first dose of coffee, and ate the most delicious chicken rice ball (?) I've ever tasted.  And 4 July 2016, around 7 past 30 in the morning the people from BICC arrived, give us name tags and we go to the bus that take us to the place where we stayed and learning for the next 21 days.




And I can't find this baby in my hometown's FamilyMart :(

Once we arrived at the place where we stayed, I was like, wow, amazed, because they really gave us the best place with pretty decent facility in it. One big room for 4 people with 4 bed, 1 bathroom, mini kitchen and a balcony, and full air conditioner. I'm satisfied.


This is what it's looks like when you entering the main hall of the dormitory


The right side is my bed, the other 2 beds are in the other side.

We arrived at the dormitory around 9 or 10, arranged some things like get our uniform t-shirt, room keys, buying-things-card; yeah we got a card with 400 yuan in it to buy foods, stuffs, and laundry at the campus. At 11 AM they asked us to gather at the dorm's lobby so they can show us how use our cards in canteen and some kind of mini market inside the campus. The distance from our dorm to the canteen was like............ well..... you can't say it was close enough when you starving to death. On my way to the canteen I met this Nepal girl named............ i'm sorry but I can't hear clearly her name..... but I always greet her when we met, really! sorry for not asking your name again, I feel bad now :( she was nice anyway, my friend said that we looks alike bcs we have this tiny body, but she was like... 18? she just graduate from high school and gonna apply for uni in the US, good luck anyway!

Tuesday, 5 July 2016.
Finally, I felt the real summer, when it's not only the sun that makes you felt hot, but somehow the heat of summer (?) idk lol, finally I experienced the real summer!
After the opening ceremony, all the students and teachers took a picture together.


Let's play find me game lol


Here's team University of Indonesia in BICC Summer Camp 2016


Wednesday, 6 July 2016.
It's Eid Mubarak, but sadly also the first time in class. At first we think we can ask permission to go to Indonesia's Embassy, but then it was not easy, we need to do this and than and so much more that can't be done in one day, so we decided to ask for a bit late to attend morning class, and we arranged everything by our self.



Team Eid Mubarak 2016!


This is what we looks like after taking that day's classes, yippe.


I guess it's long enough for today.
Just wait for another happy chapter from happy Summer in Beijing!

Love, Nach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified


this widget by www.bloggerarticle.com